Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night...

Earlier this evening I met with a woman, Gina, and together we resembled a writing group. I had answered her post on Craigslist, and to my surprise, something actually came of it. Not that Craigslist isn't a useful venue, because it is, but most of the people on there are either flakes or in the grips of some severe psychosis.

In any case, we met at a Starbucks in Mountain View, traded stories and comments, and an hour later resolved to meet again. I thought the encounter was pleasant, entertainment and personal improvement rarely go together so conveniently. It was originally my hope that a writing group will help provide the focus and reinforce my flagging enthusiasm, and though I feel no overwhelming urge to grab my pen and craft the Great American Novel, I think it likely at least that this collaboration will result in more and better literature.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Well that sounds neat. I'm lucky in that my best friend is my writing partner, so my main project is written as something resembling a writing group. Collaboration is fun. I'm glad the woman you met didn't turn out to be a crazy internet stalker or something... then again... you only just met her =D

Laura said...

How cool! Isn't the internet awesome?

Oh, and by the way, I think Dr. Phil is annoying too.

Lisa said...

thanks for your thanks. the writing-partner encounter sounds promising. glad the craigslist thing kind of works ...

AliciA said...

Thank you for writing in my blog!

I cannot write very much in English either