Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Banzai, Captain Japan!

I GM for a group of players in San Leandro on the weekends. Though we just started picking up again, we've been doing it for about a year now and I've come to know them more and more as time goes by. I met the group through one of my college roommates, Big Milin. Now we're all relatively friendly, and I go over to particpate in activities aside from just gaming, like poker or the occasional social Bar-B-Q. Recently, I've learned that one of the players is also a minor league professional wrestler.

Now, I will be honest in admitting that I look down on pro-wrestling as insipid. Not because it's fake, but just because it's stupid. When I was in fourth grade I used to like it, rooting for Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior, but that was a long time ago. Now I just think it's dumb, and were it not for the South (a hotbead of idiocy, both modern and historic, in its own right) I'd like to think it'd vanish completely. Even so, it is neat to learn someone you know participates in such an outlandish "sport," and the customs of friendly association compel me to at least mention him.

So, if you are a wrestling fan and you live in the California Bay Area, try and catch Hopsing Lee in his bid to become Shogun of the South Bay.

Go Captain Japan!

Banzai!

No comments: