Monday, August 30, 2004

Breakfast of Champions

I've been told there is a "Chicken and Waffle" place in Jack London Square. Apparently, it is the custom in some places of the United States to pair fried chicken and waffles together. You're supposed to match, or at least quickly follow the taste of one to the other, and the result is supposed to be less repellant than it sounds. Somehow.

When it comes to food, I'm a little picky. Selection isn't really the problem, I can eat a range of foods, wider than many Americans because of my early exposure to certain anatomical or marine combinations peculiar to Asian cuisine. Nor is quality that great a concern. I can subsist on a thin ration of ramen, potato chips, and vanilla coke almost indefinetly. However, I am extremely sensative to proper culinary organization. Like the drill seargent in Toys, I like my different dishes to remain seperate, and I tend to eat my food in sequence, completing all I desire from one before moving onto the other.

If invited, I'll probably end up going just for the hell of it. I'd never even heard of a Chicken and Waffle place, but it was discussed as though they were common. Disgusting as the prospect of this unholy breakfast is, I think it's something I'd have to see, if I got the chance.

3 comments:

atlas1015 said...

Come down to LA and I will take you to Rosco's Chicken and Waffles. Eating does not have to be a chore...Just an experience...

Disgruntled Dater said...

"sensative"? :)

Waffles and ice cream with syrup are delicious.

LeperColony said...

Yeah, I have this disturbing tendency to spell phonetically. "Seperate" is a hard one for me too. Always want to write separate.