Friday, February 25, 2005

The one that got away

Quite by accident, I started thinking about the first girl I ever liked. I've never said anything about it before, but as I haven't so much as heard her name in twelve years, I think I can talk secure in the fact that nobody cares.

The first crush I ever had was on a girl named Veena Narayan. She went to the same elementary school as I did, and she was in my class pretty much every year. What's more, if she wasn't actually in my class, being the same age we had pretty much the same friends. I'm not really sure what it was about her that I liked. She was tall, I think, but as I was (and remain) dismally short, everyone was tall to me. I seem to remember her as nice and a little quiet, though I think she held one of those meaningless student body offices at one point.

I never saw her again after elementary school. I went to a different high school than my elementary buddies, and I've got no clue where she is now. But wherever she is and whatever she's doing, for old times sake if nothing else, I hope things are going her way.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

oh my god that brings back so many memories!!!
still feel small in so many ways..

LeperColony said...

As a matter of fact, I did google her right before typing this post. That's how I got the correct spelling of her last name. I found an old yahoo website she used to maintian in high school, but as it was so old, it didn't really tell me much. (at least seven years ago).